Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Desk Mixer

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    Does any one know what mixer is being used for American Idol finals.Ryan Secrest; near the end stands next to them.

    First I thought they were Yamaha,

    Check this improved product.

    http://www.geocities.com/rafaleconve...?1144540367250

    ..................................

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Desk Mixer


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Convergence- that looks a lot like a Yamaha PM1D.

    http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/produc...oto/cs1d_f.jpg

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Desk Mixer


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm getting old. My poor feeble brain left off the last part of the reply. According to broadcast engineering they use Soundcraft MH4.
    This post mentions the name of the company- if you want more info try googling them you can probably get an email address.

    http://broadcastengineering.com/news...can/index.html

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Your both right to a certain point. Yes in 2004 they used Soundceaft HM4.But in 2006 It "looks" like a PM1D.

    But I found out that Harrison LPC makes a similar console with the monitor in the center . They took over Showco's mixer recently.

    I wonder if the Audio contractor is trying out
    the LPC.

    ........................................

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Desk Mixer


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Could well be the Harrison. Either way I think we're straying farther and farther off topic for the group. I would again recommend googling the company in the article- they have a web page that shows their email. ask them if they still have the contract and what they are using.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28222319 times.